Find Your Voice

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wake up to Eternity



My wife and I are entering a very special season. On 26 July, if everything goes as planned, we will have a new baby boy in our lives! We are very excited. We are also entering a time where we will be challenged to step out and truly look beyond our current horizons in terms of work and basically our whole existence.

Many paths are coming together. With the focus on each of our passions and purpose and the promising future of a new baby boy we are squarely positioned to wake up to eternity!

It is not the time to try and be safe with everything because we are expecting our first child but I believe the opposite is quite true. I believe that the greatest damage to the child is the unlived life of the parent. I'm not saying that you have to get all your partying done by tomorrow and have kids otherwise you will be damaging your children. It comes down to your definition of life. I want to teach my children that you need to fail forward and never stop taking risks. As we all know, monkey see, monkey do.

I live today as the parent I will be tomorrow. I will wake up to eternity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome!

I totally agree. We learn by what we see. And we can only truly see what we believe.

What a wonderful prospect this is! Knowing my time will come. But I can just imagine the complete this brings. Now not living only for oneself but for all you believe in.

Pray Jan-Deric that as you live this life of faith - teaching your kid to see beyond life's daily struggles, it will affect all of your friends and those with whom your life do join, to see more clearly - eternal lives.

Katrien Barnard said...

You two parents to be are totaly amazing. I wish you and healthy baby boy well!!
xxthian and katrien
ps. thank you for keeping us in the loop. We left a prezzie with cocco for the new fella!